School Building Bond
Preston County residents voted for a $39.6 million school building bond in 2010 (15 years and 3 months).
Purpose for which funds to be used:
- ScAurora Pre K-8Our Investment $1,547,750
Includes new platform stage, locker rooms, music and art and a technical lab.
- Bruceton Pre K-8Our Investment - $5,100,000
PHASE 1 - Includes new gym, locker rooms, four pre-k classrooms, new fire suppression system.
PHASE 2 - Includes new kitchen / dining area (* $2,464,328) * Not funded by the Bond, dependent upon future local, state and federal funds.
PHASE 3 - New Middle School (* $4,500,000) * Not funded by the Bond, dependent upon future local, state and federal funds.
- Fellowsville Pre K-5Our Investment - $102,000
Includes New media / technology lab, art / music classrooms, replace aging modulars, new fire suppression system.
- Kingwood Elementary Pre K-4Our Investment - $652,500
Includes New exterior classrooms, exterior walkway canopy and open classroom conversions.
- New Central Preston Middle School (5-8)Our Investment - $7,555,636
New Central Preston Middle School with provisions for the accommodation of a PreK-4 school at a later date.
- New Tunnelton-Denver Elementary/South Preston Middle SchoolOur Investment - $10,463,700
New school construction to replace Tunnelton-Denver and South Middle Schools, housing approximately 346 students for grades PreK - 8
- Rowlesburg Pre K-8Our Investment - $100,000
Plumbing renovations and site improvements.
- Terra Alta East PrestonOur Investment - $8,265,155
New middle school as well as renovations to provide for a new media and technology lab, administration area and expanded dining room.
Other improvements include new 4-5 grade classrooms and provisions for music / stage.
- Valley Elementary / West Preston Middle SchoolOur Investment - $5,246,157
New middle school with safe school entry, two auto loops, gym, expanded dining room, media center, separate art, music / band room and sloped roofs.
- Preston HighOur Investment - $500,000
Sports complex improvements and general school renovations.